5 Reasons You Need Coconut Oil
Everyone has heard talk about using Coconut Oil. It has gained popularity over the last few years. So, what is the big hype? Coconut Oil is beneficial to the human body, and there are a variety of uses. Coconut Oil is easily absorbed and digested by the human body due to the medium-chain saturated fatty acids (MCFA).
The list below touches upon a few popular uses of Coconut Oil.
There are many uses for applying Coconut Oil for your skin, a few are:
- Rehydration: The skin absorbs the oil and re-hydrates it. Once rehydrated, the skin will feel softer and appear healthier.
- For bruises: it helps increase the healing process, and it reduces the swelling and redness of the bruise.
- Bug bites: the oil will make the bite less itchy and give relief.
- Conditions: It helps with skin conditions such as psoriasis, dermatitis, and eczema.
- Stretch marks: The oil will reduce the look of stretch marks.
- Tattoos: It will help the skin heal. Plus, it will help keep the color bright and keep it from fading.
You can make a body scrub with Coconut Oil. Mix salt with the coconut oil. If you want a scent, add in a few drops of your favorite essential oils. The body scrub will exfoliate your skin and make it soft at the same time. Win! Win!
Coconut Oil is excellent for your skin. Now, see what it does for your hair.
- Flyaway hairs: Apply the oil from the mid-section of your hair to the ends with your fingers. It calms any flyaway hairs you may have. Bonus: Use it as a leave in conditioner.
- Dry and dull: Use as a deep conditioning treatment. Apply it onto your scalp, massage it in, then work your way from the roots to the ends your hair. When finished, put on a towel or shower cap to soak overnight, while you sleep.
- Cradle cap: Apply this harmless, natural, oil to the baby’s head, and it will help loosen and remove the scales.
3. Dental Health
Wow, skin… hair… what’s next? Mouth care, that’s what’s next.
- Teeth: There is a process called “oil pulling” where you put the coconut oil in your mouth and swish it around for 10-15 minutes. The oil will remove the plaque and prevent cavities.
- Mouth ulcers: It heals the sores in your mouth. The oil attacks the “bad” bacteria in your mouth, and it cleans your teeth.
- Gingivitis: It rids gingivitis and prevents tooth decay.
- Brushing: Use as a toothpaste.
- Improvement: The oil improves oral hygiene and overall dental health.
4. Internal Benefits
Ingesting Coconut Oil helps restore the body from the inside out. One tablespoon of the oil swallowed daily can provide several health benefits.
- Acid reflux: Take after meals to calm acid reflux.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Helps relieve IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and constipation.
- Kidney stones: Dissolves small kidney stones.
- Bladder: Helps with bladder infections.
- Brain: Provides mental clarity.
Many consumers are vocal in using Coconut Oil in preventing aging and improving their overall look.
- Wrinkles/Sagging skin: When you rub the oil on wrinkles or sagging skin, it will improve the look and firmness of the skin.
- Face: Use the oil as a lotion or a mask for the face. It softens the skin while firming it at the same time.
- Suntan Lotion: Coconut Oil has an SPF of 4, it is a slight protector from the sun.
- Lip balm: Used as a lip balm, it helps prevent dried out lips by restoring the moisture making. Bonus: Your lips will look fuller and youthful.
- Eyes: Used as an eye cream it helps prevent puffiness and restores moisture to the sensitive area under the eye.
This is just a small list that touches upon the amazing benefits of coconut oil. It is a natural, inexpensive solution that helps to improve your overall health and appearance. I use coconut oil every day and love it!