8 Best Uses For Peppermint Oil
Peppermint oil has been around for thousands of years. It is a natural remedy for many issues that occur in the body. This oil has countless benefits and is relatively inexpensive. The main component of peppermint oil is menthol.
Some common issues that peppermint oil can help with are:
- Congestion: This oil has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, which can help clear up mucus congestion and treat many cold and allergy symptoms.
- Muscle Soreness: The menthol in peppermint oil has anti-inflammatory and anti-inflammatory properties, which help to reduce soreness and lower inflammation. It also helps to increase your pain tolerance. An excellent way to apply a topical ointment to your muscles is to combine five drops of peppermint oil with a 1/4 cup of coconut oil and apply it to sore muscles.
- Relieve Headaches: This oil can cause a pain-reducing and calming effect on headaches. It also can reduce sensitivity. When you have a headache, applying the oil to your temples, behind your ears on the nape of your neck is best.
- Promote Hair Growth: To promote hair growth and thickening, massage the oil into your scalp. Add a few drops of peppermint oil to your shampoo and massage it deeply into your scalp.
- Freshen Breath: Peppermint has antibacterial properties that help to freshen breath. It is an ingredient used in many mouthwashes and toothpaste. It naturally smells good and is refreshing for your oral hygiene. You can even make your breath mints using coconut and peppermint oil!
- Reduces Stress: We used this oil in aromatherapy. The scent has refreshing effects and calming effects. It relieves excess stress and nerve disorders, enhances mood, and helps with mental fatigue. By adding a few drops to your diffuser, you can inhale the aroma all day long.
- Repel Bugs: There is nothing more annoying than trying to enjoy the outdoors but having bugs make it an impossible task. Peppermint oil is a natural insect repellant. The compounds in this oil are overwhelming to insects and mosquitos, which makes it a natural solution to keeping the bugs away. You can dilute some of this oil and apply it to the exposed parts of your skin. You can add this oil to your home, such as a floor cleaner or the cleaner used on your countertops.
- Relief For Sunburns: Any sunburn you get is always painful. This oil will help reduce the stinging sensation and calm the skin while cooling the burn. This is because of the anti-inflammatory properties of the oil. You can add a few drops of oil to some aloe and apply it to your skin for relief.
Peppermint oil has many more uses that can help boost your health and improve your lifestyle. With the endless ways you can use this natural oil, it is vital to keep it on hand.