Detox Your Body to Lose Weight
We have all heard of detoxes and cleanses, but the big question is what exactly are they, and do they really work? Detoxes and cleanses are often categorized together since they both have the same end goal. The goal is to eliminate toxins from your body. By naturally eliminating the toxins from your body, you will feel better and lose weight in the process. However, sometimes our body needs a little nudge or some extra help to get back on track.
Detox Your Body
There are several types of detoxes that are on the market. Not all of these are healthy or natural. However, some of the detoxes are natural and very easy to use. Every day we encounter toxins, whether it is pollution in the air, chemicals in our products, or in the water we drink. It is a good idea to eliminate these harmful toxins from your body. There are detoxes that you will need to follow for a certain number of days and others that restrict what you can eat or drink. A few detoxes target certain organs, such as the liver, kidneys, and colon, just to name a few.
How to Detox Your Body for Weight Loss
We all want to live life to the fullest and be as healthy as possible, but how can we start to make that change. The answer is by naturally detoxing your body. When we harbor toxins in our body, it can set you up for a weakened immune system, increased risk of disease, weight gain, and destroy your metabolism, which makes it hard to lose the extra weight.
Most people think that dieting alone will help them lose weight, but this is just not true. Your body needs fuel or food to be able to perform its daily functions. Detoxing will help you to eliminate the toxins and also lose the weight.
Some tips to detox your body to lose weight are simple concepts. Here are some of the detox ideas to help start your weight loss journey.
- Drinking more water daily
- Eating “clean” meals/organic meals
- Cutting down on portions
- Drinking detox smoothies or teas
- Choosing food high in fiber and protein
No matter what you choose to try, it is important to discuss all options with your doctor. This will ensure that you are on the best path possible to lose the weight and keep it off. In addition, you want a routine that you will stick with. It is healthier to lose the weight and keep it off than it is to swing back and forth between gaining weight and losing weight.
There are several ways your body naturally detoxes itself. The list will make you think about how amazing your body really is.
- Breathing- We all do this every day without giving it a second thought. Your respiratory system is a great detoxification process. When you take a breath, the air is divided into separate passages and then divided into smaller passages. Then the oxygen is absorbed into the blood and leaves the lungs. Once this blood leaves the lungs, it is then sent to the heart, where it is pumped through your body. After the body uses the oxygen, it turns into carbon dioxide and is exhaled from the body. This process helps to prevent bacteria and other particles from entering your body.
- Sweating– This method of detoxification has been known as a detox for some time. Sweating helps your body to get rid of the harmful toxins through your skin. Adding exercise to your daily routine can naturally help your body to detox. Moving your body not only makes you sweat, but the exercise can help to rid your body of inflammation. So this acts as a double detoxification.
- Urine- Your body releases toxins and pollutants through urination. Another natural detoxing process.
Detox Drinks for Weight Loss
There are so many options when it comes to detox drinks for weight loss. Check out this list for some of the more common, natural detox drinks.
- Raw Honey & Apple Cider Drink-This drink will help to aid in weight loss and also give you a boost of energy. The ingredients in this detoxifying drink are as follows:
- Organic apple cider vinegar
- Purified water
- Fresh lemon juice
- Ginger (peeled and grated)
- Cayenne Pepper
- Organic raw honey
You mix these ingredients together and drink it as soon as possible. All of these ingredients are beneficial on their own, but it is a very powerful force when combined. This drink will help your stomach keep the “good” bacteria and help the colon to flush out the toxins.
- Turmeric Tonic-This drink helps your body to fight off inflammation. Inflammation in your body can lead to illness and a weakened immune system. There are medications that can help fight inflammation in your body, but this turmeric tonic drink is a safe, natural way to treat and prevent inflammation. There are seven ingredients in this anti-inflammatory drink.
- Ground ginger
- Coconut water
- Black pepper
This drink provides your body with micronutrients which help to reduce inflammation. This drink should be drank as soon as the ingredients are combined. If you need to prepare the drink ahead of time, make sure you fill a glass jar to the top so oxygen doesn’t get into the container and take away any nutrients. It can be stored in this container for 24 hours. Any longer and the components start to break down.
- Green Apple and Chia Seed Colon Smoothie. Who doesn’t like a smoothie? Especially a flavorful, detox smoothie. This smoothie is considered a cleansing detox. The ingredients are as follows:
- Green apple
- Chia seeds
- Ground ginger
- Matcha powder
- Lime juice
- Coconut water
Add all of these ingredients together in your blender with ice. Drink immediately. This detox helps with hydration, energy, cleansing the colon, improves your immune system, boosts your metabolism, and improves bone health. With all of these benefits and a simple recipe, please pass me one!
- Ginger Pineapple Detox Smoothie. This smoothie has anti-inflammatory and cleansing benefits. It is also a great enhancer for your skin. It can improve your skin tone and also provide anti-aging benefits. Ingredients for this detox smoothie are below.
- Pineapple Cubes, either fresh or frozen, will work
- Coconut water
- Banana (optional)
- Ginger (powder or grated)
- Turmeric Powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Organic bee pollen (this can be purchased at any health food store, Amazon, or even Wal Mart)
You will want to blend all of the ingredients together and drink immediately. This smoothie detox is packed full of nutrients and vitamins that will improve your overall health.
These drinks provide a natural detoxification process to flush away fat and toxins from your body daily while boosting your metabolism.
A great benefit of these drinks is that it helps you get rid of toxins and flush out fat, but it also helps with hunger. Many detoxes work, but you are left with that hungry feeling all day, and those programs don’t work because you can’t keep feeling hungry all the time. You want your body to feel good while doing the detox.
There are many other health benefits from the drink detoxes. Below are just some of the key benefits.
- Expel toxins from the body
- Improve your mood
- Curb hunger
- Increase energy
- Promote fat loss
- Increase metabolism
- Reduce stress
Detoxing can be done as many times as you want. It lasts for 14 days, and then you will need to take a week off in between sessions. Other habits to take into consideration while detoxing are:
- Adequate sleep (6-8 hours per night)
- Moderate exercise
- Making time for relaxation or meditation for at least 10-15 minutes daily
In Addition To The Detox Drink
There are several methods that can be used to detox your body which will help to result in losing weight. Trying one or several of these ideas will help improve your overall health.
- Taking probiotics- This will help when detoxing your body because they contain natural detoxing elements. They help with digestion and prevent the body from absorbing metals and toxins.
- Drinking teas- There are certain teas that will help your body to detox.
- Massage- Receiving a massage can get the blood in your body and muscles flowing. This will help your body expel toxins that may have settled in your bloodstream or muscle fibers.
- Fiber– Increasing your fiber intake is another way to detox your body. By increasing fiber, it will help your body naturally eliminate waste and toxins from your body.
- Increasing herbs– Increasing the herbs you have in your diet will help you lose weight naturally. Herbs such as cilantro, milk thistle, dandelion, and parsley juice help aid digestion. In addition, they are packed full of vitamins and minerals, which your body will use to help you become healthier and lose excess weight.
- Exercise– By physically moving, your body will naturally drain the lymphatic system in your body. This draining helps keep fluids moving in your body, which is extremely beneficial to your body.
No matter what method you choose to use or if you try several of the ideas mentioned above, they will all aid your body in naturally detoxifying your body and helping to increase the amount of weight loss you will see.
Final Thoughts About Detoxing Your Body to Lose Weight
We encounter toxins every day, and over time the toxins build up in your body. When this happens, the toxins can make you sick, and your health and lifestyle can suffer. Living your best life is within your reach. You just need to take that first step in the right direction. Detoxing your body naturally will help you jump-start your weight loss and come with plenty of health benefits.
It is very important to naturally detox your body so you can live your life to the fullest. There are many options made available to naturally detox. Making your health a priority will help you in ways that may never have occurred to you before. Best of luck on your detox journey, and cheers to better health!