5 Reasons Why Americans Love Football Season
It’s that time of year that many Americans wait patiently to arrive. Fall means football Season. The NFL, college, high school, pee-wee football is everywhere you look. Why do people like it so much? What captivates society and captures our attention to this sport? These are the top five reasons society enjoys football in all its forms.
1) Food- Watching football on the weekends is a good way to try out dishes that you normally would never think to make. There are so many food options to enjoy such as pizza, nachos, dips, and wings. Good food goes along with seeing friends and family as the next reason states.
2) Togetherness- Watching the game whether at the football stadium, at home on your couch or in a bar with friends and family is a fun American pastime. It gives everyone a reason to get together and catch up. To some, it is like a tradition or ritual that is followed. If you can’t make it one weekend, there are plenty more weekends to plan for a fun get-together. Many people bond over the game of football. There is also no rescheduling the games unlike other sports, so when planning fun, there is almost zero chance of having to reschedule.
3) Gambling- Who doesn’t like to win money and have fun doing it? Hello, Fantasy Football! Even if you don’t win, there is that fun rivalry between friends and family. You watch your favorite player and hope to get enough points to win for the week. If you are watching certain teams or players it brings more interest to the game.
4) Tailgating- There is something fun and exciting about tailgating, even if you are not drinking. It is all about the experience and meeting new people while having fun with your friends and family. It boosts energy and adrenaline rushes before the game even begins.
5) Athletic Ability- There is something fascinating about watching football players perform. Watching a 350 lb man run faster than the average man, a quarterback throw farther then most people can imagine. The different plays and athletic ability of the players make most people awe over what the body is capable of doing.
Fan or not, football season is here. It will remain a popular past time for most of American society with the fan base growing every year. I personally love watching football and have my favorite NFL, college, and high school teams. I know not everyone enjoys this particular sport, but to me, it is fascinating how one game can bring people together and stir up so much excitement.