The Super Life
Imagine having the opportunity to pick out five superpowers. What would you choose and why? Would you use them for selfish reasons or selfless reasons? Would you tell anybody? Would your life be greatly impacted?
In many moments of my life, I have wished that I had superpowers to make life easier. I think I would pick the type of powers that are beneficial to me and my family. I don’t think I would reveal the powers to anybody right away though; I enjoy shocking people. However, I would not deny having them if somebody finds out that I do.
Here are the five powers I would love to have:
- Reason: I would love to have the ability to move or grab things without using a lot of physical strength.
- Use: I would use it every time I need to grab something. I struggle with getting most things on my own. I’d also use it to pick up a child or baby. I love holding babies.
- Impact: I think it would help me gain physical independency. However, I think it would make me less determined to improve my physical strength.
2. Ability to Heal
- Reason: I don’t like seeing loved ones in pain, especially in physical pain.
- Use: I would mainly use it on people who are seriously hurt. For example: My uncle got killed by an irresponsible driver. I could’ve helped him live. I wouldn’t use it to heal myself. I can handle my own hardships.
- Impact: Healing others can be a great thing. Pain can’t be avoided though. Pain needs to happen for strength to happen.
- Reason: I hate when I can’t make somebody feel better emotionally.
- Use: I would only use it when somebody is mad or upset.
- Impact: I think I would feel guilty if it ends up affecting people’s personalities
4. Weather manipulation
- Reason: My home state has crazy weather. It would be nice if I can control it.
- Use: I would mainly use it to keep it cool and keep the hurricanes away
- Impact: I am afraid that my crazy hormones would influence the seasons.
5 Ability to Speak to Animals
- Reason: I would like to know what animals are thinking sometimes.
- Use: I would use it to figure out what is wrong physically with my pets and other peoples’ pets.
- Impact: I think I would get tired of animals complaining and start disliking them.
Even though it would be awesome to have actual superpowers, I think life will be complicated no matter what. You can’t be a superhuman without dealing with the faults of being human. What do you think?