Creepy Writing Prompts
The writing bug has not only bit me, but it’s practically swallowed me whole! Lately, I’ve been typing away all day long—sometimes until 8:00 pm. I decided to create a list of creepy writing prompts to help others that may be in search of a few ideas. Also, I’ve included my previous list of eerie writing prompts. Enjoy your creepy writing!
- You go to a restaurant for dinner with a friend and notice the chef keeps staring at you; his eyes are red and glowing.
- You’re driving down a country road late at night when you hear movement in the back of your vehicle.
- You wake up on a winter morning and look out your window. Instead of white snow falling to the ground, it’s rising from the ground and moving upward.
- You’re out for a walk while vacationing at a lakeside cabin. Fog materializes and thickens rapidly. You’ve become lost, and you hear deep, raspy breathing from within the haze.
- You get a papercut, and it gets infected within an hour. It starts to ooze a greenish color.
- You’re home alone watching TV. You peer out the window and find a hooded man glaring at you, wielding a knife.
- You take a nap one afternoon, and when you awaken, you find yourself floating—everything is floating. Something happened to gravity.
- There’s a virus going around, and if infected, your hair and teeth fall out shortly before you become a cannibal. Your entire family and all your friends start to lose their hair and teeth. What do you do? Where do you go?
- You open your front door to leave for work, and you find numerous body parts scattered around your lawn.
- While out for a walk on the local trails, you’re approached by a horrendous looking animal. You fight it off and manage to get home. What did it look like? Are there more?