Writing Marketing Blogs Your Clients Will Actually Read
You are looking to create a blog or you already have one established. Congrats!
By this point, you have your ideas, and if you already have a blog, possibly a few followers. Great!
Now the real question is, how are you going to get your clients to actually read it?
In the blogging world, the placement of a few words could send you soaring to the top of the Google search engine or could leave you listening to crickets.
When looking to engage readers and keep them hooked, we have put together a list of tips below on how to keep your readers coming back for additional content. Check it out!
The title is the first thing that the reader will see and also what they will be typing into their search engine. Common words strategically placed will help your blog get noticed.
Along with the title you will need a great meta description.
You will need to do your research and find out what is trending, what people are interested in, and how writing on a certain subject can help people in their own lives.
- Social media is a great resource. Americans get most of their news from Facebook and Twitter over the television.
- After reading an article ask yourself questions. These questions may be the same ones other people may want to learn about.
- Do your research. There are a lot of sites full of information but not all of them are trustworthy and some are more opinionated than factual.
- Find an expert to interview. Profnet, is a site where you can be matched with an expert in the field you are writing about.
- Revamp articles or content that was already produced. Take a different point of view or angle on the same subject.
The intro is what is going to make or break your article. It needs to catch the reader’s attention and make them want to spend more time reading the content.
- Pique the reader’s interest. If this is not done you will lose them and your bounce rate will make you want to cry.
- In a few words show them through words how this can help to improve their own life.
- Make your intro unique, nothing general. People want enticing not boring.
- Simple and short win every single time in an introduction.
Your content needs to connect with the writer. Having that emotional connection is key to “hooking” the reader and keeping them interested in what you are saying.
- Having an emotional connection with your reader is very important.
- Speak to them as if you were talking to a friend.
- Do not have too many keywords.
- Separate your content. Make sure the content isn’t all blocked together. This can be overwhelming to read.
- Have original ideas.
- Thoughtful content.
- People also like controversial content, even if they don’t agree they like reading the juicy details.
- Make a list or a guide blog post.
- High-quality content.
Easy to Use Tools
The next step is having tools that save time and are easy to utilize. Below are a few of the top must-have tools.
- Similar page checker. This tool will let you know the percentage of content that is similar to another site. You want your percentage to be as low as possible.
- Buffer is a social media tool. This tool allows you to manage all of your social media accounts and posts.
- Google Docs. This one is great because it allows you to write your content while correcting any grammatical or spelling errors. You can share your link with others and get their editing advice and opinions.
- Canva will get you the best images, templates, and headers to make your page look more visibly enticing.
- Copyscape is another great tool. It will make sure all of your content is original and has not been plagiarized from another site.
- Yoast SEO. This tool is used for marketing and it will help to increase your traffic and make sure your rankings are on the high end.
There are many more tools available but these will get you pointed in the right direction.
There is no right or wrong way to go about it when writing your marketing blog. The tips above will give you some insight into how to make the most of your blog. Remember, to always write content that is helpful and that you, yourself would enjoy reading.
Good luck! Go get some clicks!